We are less than 2 weeks away from the 2016 race!!
That’s right – in less than 2 weeks, the 2nd annual 12 Hours of Penitence will be ON in Penitente Canyon! We have had some questions coming in regarding camping & volunteer opportunities and we’d like to send some information your way.
We are now taking volunteer sign ups! To learn more about positions, times, etc., visit our Volunteer page. If you have any questions, please email our volunteer coordinator at Volunteer12HOP@gmail.com.
Camping IS available on-site! This year, everything is taking place within Penitente Canyon Recreation Area. This includes the race, camping areas, and vendors/food service.
Here are the camping details (campground map below):
- Cost: $10/night per racer.
- Camping Accomodations: Camping is available for tents, vans/truck-bed style rigs, and RVs.
- Tent/Van sites are located within riding distance of the race route and are considered “group/shared camping”. Sites accomodate 1 to 2 tents or 1 camper van. Parking is available in the site or at least within very short walking distance, and if you have family/friends supporting, they can camp with you.
- RV sites are limited and will be located along the roadway into the canyon.
- Reservations: Send a check for the total to 665 Grand Ave, Del Norte, CO 81132 and made out to 12 Hours of Penitence. On a separate note and/or in the memo section, please put the the dates you’ll be camping, number of riders included, and whether you need a tent/van spot or RV spot.
- Camping/Parking Pass: Upon receiving your camping registration check, we email you a pass to display in the vehicle for the weekend.
If you have any questions, feel free to email us at 12HoursOfPenitence@gmail.com
VENDORS, FOOD & BREWS
Vendors & Food:
We are excited to have some great vendors joining us for this year’s race! Vendors include Gosar Ranch Natural Foods (back for a second year!) and two new vendors, Rachel’s Keep On Keeping’ On Food Truck & Smoking’ Johnnys BBQ.
Vendors will be available all day on Saturday 10/8 (the day of the race) for your culinary pleasure!
Brews (& other alcoholic beverages):
This year, we will not have a beer tent. We know this may come as a surprise, but we hope to bring it back for next year’s race. With that said, the event will be BYO! We hope you enjoy responsibility and consider reading BLM regulations on alcohol possession while on Colorado BLM lands.
Questions? Email us at 12HoursOfPenitence@gmail.com!